Steering you in the right direction.
The construction of new roads and road bridges are large infrastructure projects involving many different specialist contractors.
We have experience of working on a number of highways projects both one off and framework contracts for individual main contractors and joint ventures.
The work undertaken has related to a diverse range of issues including:-
- Effects on design of temporary propping caused by thermal movement of concrete bridge beams
- Weather related delays
- Delays caused by nesting birds/other ecological issues.
- Design of drainage and attenuation on large highways bridge over a river
- Subcontractor installing incorrect manholes over length of roadway
- Defective footbridge over a highway
- Street lighting maintenance contracts
- Roadway widening and bypass construction works
- Issues with utilities running under the highway
We are well placed to understand the challenges that these types of projects face and have the experience to advise clients on all aspects of highways projects.